Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Practice makes perfect!

Oh my goodness. The plan was to catch up on posting all the cards that I made so far so that I could focus on one card for each post, but I kept on making cards and not posting them! I wanted them to be in chronological order, but I think I have to throw that idea out the window for now. Okkie dokes.. onto my first card of the post :)

I'm not sure where I was going with this, and honestly, this is one of my lesser favorite cards. I had mass produced the matted rectangles and circles and was trying to create a card out of them. This was still when I was using Recollections white 65 lb.
1. I cut and folded the paper into an A2 size and then rounded the corners using my Fiskars 1/4" corner rounder.
2. I glued on the two matted rectangles on diagonally, placed the circle in the middle, and stuck the cupcake sticker on the circle.
3. I glued the hearts with my ATG, but you can still see it behind them. I think they're made out of a thick vellum.
4. Last, I stamped the sentiment. I was very frustrated that it wasn't stamping correctly. Having gotten into stamping after photopolymer stamps came out, I have utmost respect for rubber stampers. This was about the time I found out about the Stamp-a-ma-jig (although I've yet to get one).

Here's another card where I attempted to use up those matted rectangles and circles. This was also made around the same time as my "Thank you, Miss Kim" card. I just changed up the sentiment and glued on the buttons with glossy accents.

Heh, I don't know what to think of this card either. In the beginning, I liked the idea of having white on kraft paper, but now that I look at it, it kind of clashes too much.
1. First, I cut out the card base and folded it. I believe this is a top-folding card.
2. I then die cut the "thanks" sentiment from Avery Elle, colored each letter with a Crayola marker, and then pieced it back together.
3. I used my clear T-ruler to make sure I got a 90 degree angle and stamped the line of hearts from Lawn Fawn's Into the Woods collection with Memento's Rich Cocoa.
4. I glued on the sentiment piece on and drew the stitched border with my white gelly roll pen.
5. Last, I went back and erased the pencil line under the hearts.

This is definitely another iffy card.. My main reason is that I wasn't able to quite achieve the flowy balloon string look because of the embossed hearts. The glue kept showing when I adhered them down.. Also, this card is smaller than an A2.. I kept messing up and trimming it down.. and this was what was left.
1. First I dry embossed the kraft paper using Cuttlebug's Cross My Heart embossing folder.
2. I stamped the Hello sentiment on patterned paper and cut it to size.
3. I strung each button with twine and popped them up with a foam square.
4. I then glued down the patterned paper and then the string.
5. Last, I rounded all four corners.

Hahaha, I just scrolled through this post and am realizing that this is a post of all my reject cards. Oh well, it's all practice makes perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment