This card was made for a friend who moved to New York for graduate school. A "missing you" card is to be on the way some time :) A Sharon stamped original!
1. The card base was made with a kraft cardstock, and I don't remember where the sky paper came from. I have stacks of paper from years ago and made this card a few months ago :( Sorry! Once I start uploading cards as I make them, I promise to jot down all of my supplies!
2. I first cut out the kite from Create a Critter using a dark brown cardstock and a heart patterned cardstock. The patterned paper is from Lucky Charm's Dear Lizzy 6x6 paper pad.3. I stamped the sentiment on the top using Paper Smooches' Alphadot stamp set with Memento Tuxedo black ink.
4. I adhered the clouds down with my tape runner and popped up the kite with foam dots. I remember always wishing I had some clouds made, I so mass produced them on the cricut one day and have been putting them everywhere on my cards.
5. I tied the purple and white twine around my card three times and made a bow.
6. Lastly, taped it down to the card base.
This card was inspired by Tracy over at Owl Be Craftin'.
1. I cut out the two circles from the basic images stored on the Cricut, the worm from Create a Critter cartridge, and the apple from the Just Because Cards cartridge. I then glued together the layers of all the different shapes
2. I glued down everything down with my tape runner except for the circle mat which I popped up. 3 I stamped the sentiment using Alphadot from Paper Smooches and added the twine and blue rhinestones as a last touch.
Ooh, yay! I feel like I'm caught up with all the cards I no longer have with me. Here are some of my more recent cards. [Here come the longer supplies lists!] :)
This card is very easy to mass produce, & it is a Sharon stamped original!
1. I started out with a kraft card base and a water color mat. I used Strathmore 140 lb. watercolor paper.2. I first rubbed the watercolor paper with an embossing powder bag. I got mine at Michael's, but I can't remember which company it's from.
3. I then stamped my "thanks" sentiment from Paper Smooches' Chit Chat stamp set with Versamark ink and heatembossed it.
4. After it cooled down a bit, I colored it with Tim Holtz's distress markers in Barn Door, Mustard Seed, and Faded Jeans. I went back with my Tim Holtz broad tip water brush.
This one is one of my absolute favorites. :) Definitely not one to be easily mass produced though. Although not completely identical because I used similar supplies I had on hand, I consider this card to be a copycat of Heidi Van Laar's card from Vanlaardesigns. I'm still very much fuzzy on when to call a card a copycat or "inspired by." I obviously love making cards, but I honestly don't have much original thought yet. I am starting to practice making my own cards using the "Case This Sketch" challenges. Until I hone in on my designing skills, I am very thankful for those that create cards like these. :)
1. I started out with a white card base and chose my two patterned papers. I believe the red dotted paper is from the Hip Hip Hooray paper pad from American Crafts, and the blue patterned paper is from Color Crush also from American Crafts. I cut the zigzag edge on the red paper using my EKtools decorative edge scissors. I then glued both papers down to my card base.
2. Next, I cut a rectangle with white cardstock, punched the edge using my Fiskars Notebook punch, and drew the lines with my sky blue and pink Pentel ballpoint pens.
3. I stamped the apple and sentiment using the Falling For You stamp set from Paper Smooches, fussy cut the apple, and colored in the hearts of the sentiment.
4. I tied brown and white twin around the notebook paper, popped it up with foam squares onto the card, placed the apple down, and glued the heart confetti from Martha Stewart Crafts.
This card is also a Sharon stamped original :) It's a very simple card, but that sentiment is so adorable!
1. I stamped each two acorns on white cardstock for each acorn I wanted. I tried making this card in two different ways.
1A. One way, I colored the acorn cap with a Tim Holtz Spiced Marmalade distress marker and the leaves in Peeled Paint. Next, I stamped another acorn on kraft cardstock and paper pieced the stem and bottom of the acorn. I then colored the leaves on a second acorn with Peeled Paint distress marker and fussy cut them. I ran my Black Soot distress marker with the brush tip around the edges to clean them up. I folded the two leaves along the line in the middle and glued them down for a 3D effect.
1B. Instead of paper piecing the stem and acorn, I colored it with Copic markers. I forget what color it was exactly, but it was in the E50 something family.
2. I stamped the "Nutty for you <3" also from the Falling For You stamp set. :)
Aside from the acorn ordeal, simple card! :D This truly shows how even the seemingly simplest card has many steps or a long history behind it.
I believe this is an "inspired by" card. I forget the source though :( I just remember I changed up the sentiment, used a different background paper and whatever buttons I had on hand.
1. I started out with a white card base, cut out the patterned paper and white strip of paper, and glued down the patterned paper to the card base.
2. I remember being obsessed with finding a mason jar stamp before every company had their own version. The one I ended up getting is from Inkadinkado from Michael's. I stamped it with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
3. I stamped the "You are" and "so" part with Paper Smooches Chit Chat stamp set and individually stamped each letter of "sweet" using Alphadot.
4. I glued down all the different buttons, tied the pink and white twine, and popped up the white strip onto the patterned paper.
In retrospect, I don't think I like this card as much.. a bit too busy for my liking although I was happy to use those buttons that I've had forever!
Oh dear Lord. I thought I was caught up but then found like 10 more cards! I think I'm done blogging for a bit! See ya! :)






No comments:
Post a Comment