[edit] Oops. I totally forgot that I never published the post! This one was supposed to go before "Longest post yet" :)
..on documenting how I made all my old cards! I didn't know there were so many. O_o;;
It seems as though blogging is always a late night thing for me.. I don't know why, but I couldn't fall asleep, so here I am back on my iPad. Let's get to it!The bear, balloon, sun, and clouds were cut with Create a Critter. The grass was made with picot edge Offray ribbon. The hearts and sentiments were stamped with Memento inks Lady Bug, Rose Bud, Dandelion, Bamboo Leaves, Bahama Blue, and Grape Jelly (in that order). The background was embossed with Divine Swirls embossing folder from ProvoCraft.
Ooh, these I was very proud of :) They were all made from scratch.
1. I cut 8.5" x 11" kraft cardstock into half for the covers. I forget all the exact measurements, but cut out three sheets of white cardstock and folded in half to fit inside the kraft cardstock cover. I just remember cutting each inner sheet 1/16" shorter lengthwise so they wouldn't stick out of the kraft cover.
2. I stamped each letter with the Alphadot stamp set from Paper Smooches. The heart is from Paper Smooches' Word Salad stamp set.
3. I embossed the front of the passports with a woodgrain embossing folder from ProvoCraft.
4. I cut out each animal from Create a Critter and assembled them.
5. I cut sheets of different animal prints that I bought individually into strips and glued them across the middle using my ATG gun.
6. I punched 5 holes for the binding using a thicker needle and then threaded them with white DMC floss to bind.
1. I stamped out the mason jar with Inkadinkadoo's wood mounted mason jar stamp and fussy cut it out using my pink CutterBee from EK success.
2. I stamped the "thanks" sentiment from the Chit Chat stamp set from Paper Smooches. Everything stamped on this card was done so with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
3. I colored the sentiment orange, glued the mason jar onto the card based, and added the little colorful rhinestones. I do not remember the brand that I used, but it was a variety pack that was on clearance.
4. I added the Martha Stewart Crafts vintage acrylic flower embellishments and drew the stems with Ranger's Peeled Paint distress marker.
5. Lastly, I rounded the two left corners with Fiskars 1/4" corner rounder and punched the right side using Martha Stewart Crafts doily lace punch.
2. I created the notebook edge using Fiskars notebook punch, adhered it to the card base, and stamped "with sympathy" using Paper Smooches Sentiment Sampler.
3. I stamped the "I'm so sorry" sentiment using Paper Smooches' Word Up stamp set and put the flowers on the card using foam squares.
4. For the finishing touch, I rounded the corners.
It is 1:58 A.M., and I think I should try and sleep. Goodnight, world!




No comments:
Post a Comment